Post: Provincial Chief Executive Officer (Post No G/P/PCEO/301)
Province: NAPTOSA Gauteng: Johannesburg; Saxonworld
NAPTOSA invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated persons for the post of Provincial Chief Executive Officer in Gauteng. The current Chief Executive Officer of NAPTOSA Gauteng will retire from the position at the end of 2014. The successful applicant will possess strong organisational and person skills and will identify with the vision of the members of the Union as a whole and the Province in particular. The person appointed will be required to provide leadership to the employees as well as to the elected officers of the province and play a leading role in the development and execution of union policies.
Description of Post:
The successful person must, inter alia,
- Oversee the effective operating of the union in terms of its Constitution, Rules and Regulations and Policies;
- Manage office, staff and union resources;
- Maintain financial oversight and control;
- Oversee Conference and committee functioning and meetings and the implementation of decisions;Participate in relevant provincial and national structures and support and ensure the effective functioning of provincial structures;
- Promote an organisational structure that reflects and protects NAPTOSA's values, and encourages effective service delivery;
- Ensure that records are kept and reports prepared;
- Ensure that the province has effective and regular communications with members, develop and promote a relevant and meaningful professional development programme, provide a service to members which includes advice and assistance with conditions of service, grievances and disciplinary matters;
- Write or approve material for distribution;
- Respond to queries, draft documents, official correspondence;
- Represent the Union at meetings, functions, etc as required.
Qualifications and requirements:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate/prove
- Suitable teaching or equivalent qualification(s) of at least REQV 13 (a higher qualification will be an advantage);
- Appropriate and extensive professional and managerial experience in the Education sector;
- Appropriate managerial experience in the leadership and/or administration of the Union will be a strong recommendation;
- Sound understanding of, and experience in, financial management;
- Sound knowledge of Education in South Africa and of Education and Labour legislation and policies; (vi) Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken) and fluency in Afrikaans or one of the African languages prevalent in Gauteng; (vii) Public speaking ability and experience;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Valid driver's licence.
Salary in the range of a Post Level 4, P5 principal, is applicable; the starting salary within the range will be established taking into account the complexity of the post in this province and the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant; benefits include a 13th cheque, compulsory membership of an approved pension fund and medical aid contributions, housing allowance, generous car allowance, comprehensive leave allocation.
An application should include a letter, a CV of no more than 5 pages containing relevant information only and the names and contact details of 3 referees.
Applications must be received by 16:00 on 30 May 2014
- Next >>