Post: Executive Director (Post no: HO/P/ED/1001) Location: NAPTOSA HEAD OFFICE, PRETORIA
NAPTOSA wishes to appoint an Executive Director at the NAPTOSA Head Office in Pretoria with effect from 1 October 2015. This is the most senior appointed position in the Union. The current incumbent retires in December 2015.
Description of post: The successful candidate will, inter alia, be responsible for:
• The effective and efficient operation of the Union in terms of the Constitution and policies of NAPTOSA.
• Professional leadership to the national staff as well as to the PCEO’s through the establishment and implementation of systems and structures that promote effective management.
• Management of the financial and other resources of the Union at a national level as the accounting officer of the Union.
• Overseeing the planning and conducting of Congress, Council and all meetings of the Union at a national level.
• Ensuring the effective implementation of all decisions and mandates taken at meetings of the structures of the Union.
• Establishing clear channels of communication within the Union as well as with all relevant stakeholders.
• All outgoing correspondence from the National Office.
• Provision of all reports as required by the Constitution, policies as well as structures of the Union.
• Ensuring proper and safe keeping of the records of the union.
• Facilitating the maintenance of good relationships with relevant stakeholders and organisations both locally as well as internationally.
• Provision of such reports as required by the Registrar of Labour, the PSCBC, the ELRC or by any other relevant legislation.
Qualifications & Requirements: A suitable teaching or equivalent qualification of at least REQV 13 (at least REQV 14 is preferable). Appropriate executive /managerial skills and experience of at least 5 years. Sound understanding of and experience in financial management. Sound knowledge of education in South Africa and of education and labour legislation and policies. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Public speaking ability and experience. Computer skills. Possess own vehicle and a valid driver’s license. A thorough knowledge of and identification with the Constitution and policies of NAPTOSA is a prerequisite.
Remuneration package: Salary in the range of notch 180 – notch 221. 13th cheque, pension, housing allowance, medical aid contributions, car allowance, generous leave allocation.
The date of appointment will be 1 October 2015 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Applications: An application should include a letter, a CV of no more than 5 pages containing relevant information only and the names and contact details of 3 referees.
• Applications must be received by 16:00 on 29 May 2015.
• NAPTOSA reserves the right not to fill the position.