Post: NAPTOSA – National Negotiator
(Conditions of Service and Recruitment)
The Head Office of NAPTOSA in Pretoria wishes to second an educator (member). This person may be on Post Level 1, 2 or 3
Applications are invited from NAPTOSA members who wish to be considered for secondment into the above-mentioned position. The secondment is for the period 1 May 2014 to 31 December 2014 and may be extended by agreement. The secondment is in terms of clause 4.4 of Chapter G of the Personnel Administrative Measures (PAM). The seconded person will be stationed at the NAPTOSA Head Office in Pretoria.
The applicant must:
- Be a member of NAPTOSA
- Have a knowledge of the conditions of service pertaining to educators in the public service
- Be conversant with education and public service legislation
- Have experience of negotiations
- Be computer literate
- Be able to write reports on conditions of service
- Be capable of conducting research on conditions of service
- Have his/her own transport and be prepared to travel to the provinces
- Attend PSCBC/ELRC Council meetings as required.
- Represent NAPTOSA in committees / task teams as required.
- Prepare reports on the negotiations for tabling at NAPTOSA committee meetings
- Keep abreast of legal, labour and conditions of service developments
- Conduct research on conditions of service issues
- Provide comment on draft legislation, collective agreements and departmental policy
- Assist in the formulation of recruitment strategies
- Assist provinces with the recruitment of new members
An application should include a letter together with a brief CV of no more than 1 typed page with relevant information only. The application must be posted to The Executive Director, NAPTOSA, P O Box 572, Pretoria, 001 or faxed to (012) 324 1366 and should be clearly marked “Application”. Applications must be received on or before 14 March 2014.
Download News flash 16 of 2014