NAPTOSA PDI requires a Director from 1 January, 2015, to lead and manage the Professional Development Institute based at the NAPTOSA Head Office in Pretoria.
It is envisioned that this will be offered to a senior person on the basis of a secondment to the Union and will include suitable compensation.
This position is offered to school-based educators at Principal and Deputy level, able to apply to the Department of Education for a period of secondment.
Essential strategic functions of the PDI include:
- Programme co-ordination with all the relevant bodies as indicated in Figure 2 of “A co-ordinated coherent national system for teacher education and development” (ISPFTED in South Africa 2011, p20).
- Effective administration including efficient and effective communication with all teachers and participants
- An appropriate and relevant monitoring and evaluation system to give effect to accountable and credible reporting.
- Quality assurance of the PDI and its offerings
- Co-ordination and support of provincial development officers with respect to the countrywide NAPTOSA strategic plan for teacher development.
- Fundraising from local and international donors to resource its professional development activities.
- Representation of NAPTOSA at relevant teacher development forums.
Closing date for applications : 3 October 2014