CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5 November 2021 at 4 pm
Description of post: The core functions of this post include:
- Process accounting records up to Trial Balance monthly on Pastel Accounting.
- Prepare internal accounting schedules for distribution of fees and recovery of expenses.
- Administration regarding changes in and payment of salaries, leave, pensions, overtime, medical aid etc.
- Process and reconcile monthly salaries on VIP Payroll and submit related reports to UIF / SARS etc.
- Administration regarding changes in staff due to resignation, retirement, death, or dismissal.
- Submit the EMP501 on easy-file, biannually.
- Compile and submit the annual COIDA return (W.A.S8) to department of Labour.
- Preparation of EFT payment requisitions.
- Administration of current accounts and investments, debit orders and financial contracts.
- Compile financial reports (i.e. variance report and balance sheet etc.) and annual budget as required and present to the relevant committees of NAPTOSA.
- Administer short term insurance of fixed assets, fixed asset register, calculate, and record depreciation, disposal of assets etc.
- Prepare the year-end working papers in line with Internal Policies and requirements of External Auditors.
- Prepare Annual Financial Statements in terms if IFRS for SME’s
- Assist Financial Manager and External Auditors.
- Assist in the management and administration of all finance related issues.
- Comply with all internal policies and assist in the drafting / updating of policies if needed.
- Address any correspondence and queries from SARS and other relevant government departments.
- Train and assist finance staff on relevant payroll and financial topics.
- Any other reasonable request from management.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A suitable 3-year diploma or degree in accounting.
- Articles experience a pre-requisite.
- At least 5 years overall relevant experience and a sound knowledge of finances.
- Exceptional accuracy, attention to detail & timeliness
- Sound IT literacy skills, practical experience in Excel, Word, Pastel Accounting, VIP Payroll, SARS e-filing and easy-file.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
A competitive starting salary within salary range 8 of the Public Service, 13th cheque, compulsory membership of an approved pension fund, housing allowance, medical aid subsidy and a comprehensive leave allocation.
The date of appointment will be 10 January 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
NAPTOSA reserves the right not to fill this post.
NAPTOSA reserves the right to verify qualifications, credit, and other ratings/records.
Please note that no faxed, posted or hand-delivered applications will be accepted (e-mail only)
By applying for this post, you agree to us processing your personal information in terms of the POPI Act. Please refer to the pdf privacy notice (293 KB) .
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 22 October 2021 at 4 pm