Post: Senior Executive Officer (Post no: HO/P/SEO/1002)
Location: NAPTOSA HEAD OFFICE, PRETORIA
NAPTOSA wishes to appoint a Senior Executive Officer at the NAPTOSA Head Office in Pretoria with effect from 1 January 2016.
Description of post: The successful candidate will, inter alia: Be second in charge to the Executive Director.
Perform such functions and represent the Executive Director as delegated including:
- Office functions and administration including finances and HR.
- Overseeing the planning of Congress, Council and all meetings of the union at a national level.
- Assisting with the effective implementation of all decisions and mandates taken at meetings of the structures of the union.
- Attend meetings with the Department of Basic Education, other unions, PSCBC, ELRC, SACE, SETA or with any other structure or individuals.
- Assist with communication both within the union as well as with outside parties including the media.
- Advise staff at the National and Provincial offices on policy or legislation related to labour and educational matters.
- Assist in the development of reports as required by the union as well as reports required by the Registrar of Labour, PSCBC, ELRC, etc.
- Co-ordinate comments on educational and labour policies and legislation.
- Any other reasonable request from manangement.
Qualifications & Requirements: A suitable teaching or equivalent qualification of at least REQV 13 (at least REQV 14 is preferable). Appropriate executive /managerial skills and experience of at least 5 years. Sound understanding of and experience in office administration and financial management. Sound knowledge of education in South Africa and of education and labour legislation and policies. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer skills. Possess own vehicle and a valid driver’s license. A thorough knowledge of and identification with the Constitution and policies of NAPTOSA is a prerequisite.
Remuneration package: Salary in the range of notch 144 – notch 215. 13th cheque, pension, housing allowance, medical aid contributions, car allowance, generous leave allocation.
The date of appointment will be 1 January 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Applications: An application should include a letter, a CV of no more than 5 pages containing relevant information only and the names and contact details of 3 referees.
Applications must be received by 16:00 on 7 August 2015