- Approximately 137 000 applications were received for the pension redress. it will take some time for the project to be finalised.
- Applicants who are still in service will not receive any cash payment- their pensionable period of service will be increased.
Implementation of the procedure on evaluation and recognition of improved qualifications
- The department has granted approval for the implementation of evaluation and recognition of improved qualifications.
- Majority of the diaries have been delivered or posted
- Forest Hill Primary in Pietermaritzburg have agreed to store the PMB diaries until 22 November 2013
Continuing Professional Teacher Development
- All educators are required to sign up electronically for the CPTD system in the year preceding their first cycle.
- PD points may be accumulated through teacher, school or externally initiated activities.
Download News Flash 47 of 2013