The Union invites applications from suitably qualified AND experienced persons for the post of Events and Functions Officer in the office of NAPTOSA Gauteng
Description of Post: This senior post will become vacant on the retirement of the present incumbent at the end of the year. The appointment will be from 1 January 2015.
- The post involves the organisation of meetings, conferences, events and functions of the Union including the annual conference, professional conferences, union meetings and any other events as decided by the Chief Executive Officer, and this includes all administration associated with planning, execution of, and registration at the event/function/activity/conference;
- The Organiser will work with convenors, and/or specialist committees, to plan programmes for events, conferences and functions, and will report to the Chief Executive Officer or his/her delegate;
- The successful applicant will be also responsible for constructing, populating and manipulating databases for committees, events, functions and conferences;
- The Organiser will be required to establish and maintain a network of sponsors, exhibitors, venues and organisations which will assist with the execution of the plans for Union functions, events, meetings and conferences; and
- Additional duties may include distribution to branch chairpersons of notices for shortlisting and interviews in schools taking minutes at specified meetings of staff and committees of the Union in the Province and other duties;