International Women's Day (IWD) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
Each year, many IWD events are held worldwide - global gatherings, conferences, awards, exhibitions, festivals, fun runs, corporate events, concert performances, speaking events, online digital gatherings and more. Events are held by women's networks, corporations, charities, educational institutions, government bodies, political parties, the media and further communities. All these activities focus on pressing for progress.
Here are some ideas that the NAPTOSA community are encouraged to commit to and specifically concentrate on for 2018:
- To PressForProgress until gender parity is attained for all.
- To PressForProgress to end gender-based violence.
- To PressForProgress to end School Related Gender Based Violence
- To PressFor Progress to forge positive visibility of women
- To PressForProgress and challenge stereotypes and bias.